EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, SMITTEN KITCHEN
We are looking for a tech-savvy executive assistant who is an excellent communicator. We are in search of someone who is reliable, highly organized, a superb project manager, and generally game for anything needed to keep the Smitten Kitchen universe spinning.
As the Smitten Kitchen executive assistant, you will help support Deb Perelman in a wide variety of day-to-day tasks such as communicating via email and phone with a variety of partners (event venues, members of the media, technical platforms, etc), social media maintenance and creation, drafting the newsletter, performing online research, providing general administrative support, and much more.
– Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent project management skills including organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
– Thorough understanding of WordPress and Substack. Comfort with HTML. Photoshop skills are a huge plus.
– A strong understanding, and interest in, social media including TikTok.
– Very good copyediting skills.
– Familiarity with smittenkitchen.com and its editorial style — the format, the conversational recipes and writing style, the active and engaged commenting community.
– An enthusiasm and curiosity about home cooking but no need to be a food writer or aspire to be one; this is not a cooking or recipe testing role.
– A positive, can-do attitude.
You should be able to work in-person as needed in the East Village of Manhattan, NYC.
This is a part-time position with a mix of remote and in-person work. It will be 10 hours a week to start and the ideal candidate will be thirsty to turn this into more, and there is always more to do.
Each week, the job will be 1 weekday in person (East Village, NYC) for approximately 4 hours and then 1-2 hours/day during the work week (M-F), as a remote position.
ABOUT SMITTEN KITCHEN
Smitten Kitchen is a 15 year-old food blog from a small New York City kitchen that celebrates home cooking through unfussy ingredients and recipes that really, really work. It is also the web home base of two New York Times bestselling cookbooks: The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook and Smitten Kitchen Every Day (+ Smitten Kitchen Keepers, coming in October!)
If interested, please fill out this Google Form: Smitten Kitchen Executive Assistant Application. Please note that, unfortunately, we will not be able to get back to all applicants. We will be accepting applications on the Google Form through Tuesday, March 15.