Five years in the making, my second cookbook is a celebration of triumphant and unfussy home cooking for food that I hope is the opposite of drudgery. It’s all of my new favorite things to cook, and I hope you’ll find many dishes worthy of your Repeat Forever files too.
The book is out October 24, 2017 in the U.S. and Canada; December 7, 2017 (new, sooner date) in the U.K.
U.S. Edition (Knopf): Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Books-a-Million | iBooks | Hudson Booksellers | IndieBound | Target | Walmart | Other U.S. Retailers
Canadian Edition (Appetite): Chapters | Amazon Canada | Kobo Canada
U.K. Edition (Square Peg): Amazon U.K. | Waterstone’s
- Who wrote it? Yours truly.
- Who took the photos? Ditto. There’s a photo of each recipe and, because my current kitchen is no longer a dark, speckly box, I hope a feeling of lightness/vibrance, too.
- Can you tell me about the recipes? There are 115 recipes, 101 of which are new. There are 14 that originated on the site but are so loved, I thought the book would be bereft without them.
Excluding desserts, breakfast baked goods, breads, and drinks, 46 recipes are vegetarian, and 16 are vegan. 51 recipes are gluten-free and 37 are dairy-free. In the back of the book, there’s a guide for special diets that lists all of the above along with any ingredients to look out for as they may be problematic.
- How many recipes are vegetarian? How much gluten, Deb? Excluding desserts, breakfast baked goods, breads, and drinks, 46 recipes are vegetarian, and 16 are vegan. 51 recipes are gluten-free and 37 are dairy-free. In the back of the book, there’s a guide for special diets that lists all of the above along with any ingredients to look out for as they may be problematic.
- What does it look like? It’s a hardcover book with lay-flat binding. Deb, why are you so obsessed with book bindings? Because when you open a cookbook on a kitchen counter, it should stay open. Or things like this happen.
- Do the recipes include weights? Absolutely. The recipes in the U.S. and Canadian editions have measurements in cups, spoons, and weights. The UK edition will skip the American measurements, of course.
The image above will take you to the BOOK TOUR + EVENTS page with all the time and place details. We’ll be adding a few more cities and events to the lineup after Thanksgiving – Minneapolis, Nashville, Denver, Atlanta, Montreal, and another New York City event among them – so check back for additional details in the coming weeks. I hope we finally get a chance to meet.
The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook was released in October 2012 in the U.S. and Canada and in February 2013 in the UK and Australia. You should be able to buy it at your local bookstore of choice in the U.S. and Canada (and holler at us if you can’t find it and would like to) and in many stores in the UK and Australia, plus online, from a variety of booksellers.
U.S. Edition: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Indiebound | Powell’s
Other U.S. Retailers
Canadian Edition: Amazon Canada | Indigo Canada
U.K. Edition: Amazon UK | Blackwell’s | The Book Depository | Waterstones